Florida Youth Football League (FYFL) is a non-profit organization that promotes youth football and cheer/dance programs for athletes in several counties in Florida. With approximately 5,000 youth athletes ranging from ages 5 to 14 years old. FYFL was founded in 2012, and continues to grow. FYFL requires its athletes to maintain academic standards in order to participate. FYFL's commitment to academics is what separates this league from other youth leagues.
FYFL is committed to developing positive young student-athletes on and off the field . Each year FYFL continues to expand its efforts in team and activity participation, as well as visibility and outreach in the community. FYFL believes that athletics and scholastics go hand in hand. FYFL seek to develop well-rounded young men and women who learn not only the fundamentals of football and cheer/dance but also the importance of education in an atmosphere conducive to developing sound character while having a good time.
The FYFL Mission
The mission of FYFL is to enable student-athletes to benefit from participation in team sports and activities in a structured environment. Through this active participation, FYFL teach fundamental values, skills and knowledge that student-athletes will use throughout their lives.
FYFL seeks to provide fun athletic learning opportunities for student-athletes, while emphasizing the importance of academic success. Specifically, FYFL seeks to familiarize student-athletes with the fundamentals of football and cheer/dance. FYFL strives to inspire youth, regardless of race, creed or national origin, to practice the ideals of sportsmanship, scholarship and physical fitness.
- To encourage and increase youth participation in football and cheer/dance.
- To ensure a safer and positive playing environment for all athletes.
- To instill life-long values of teamwork, dedication and a superior work ethic in the classroom and on the playing field.
Benefits of FYFL
- Programs in Several Counties – FYFL has active clubs in several counties in Florida.
- More than just athletes! – FYFL requires its athletes to perform adequately in the classroom before permitting them to play.
- FYFL Scholars Program – FYFL rewards its student-athletes for their outstanding performance in the classroom.
- It's Inexpensive – Signing up for FYFL Football or Cheer/Dance is inexpensive. A typical registration fee for each athlete ranges on average from about $50 to $200 for the season. *Registration fees are set by each clubs.
- FYFL Football and Cheer/Dance Championships – Each year, FYFL hosts the FYFL Super Bowl and FYFL Cheer Competition. The FYFL Super Bowls have taken place at various high schools and sports complexes affording the schools, club and/or local organizations to take advantage of the opportunity of having over 12,000 visitors throughout the weekend to fundraise for their school, club and/or organization. The FYFL Cheer Competitions has also been held a various local high schools to assist with fundraising for the local high schools and/or clubs. But for the past three years the home of the annual FYFL Cheer Competition has been the Watsco Center at the University of Miami. We appreciate giving the opportunity giving our local local senior high schools, and sports complex and clubs.
- Approximately 100 cheer/dance squads and 150 football teams compete for the right to be crowned the FYFL Champion.
- Mandatory Play Requirements – Everyone participates under mandatory rules of play, so every football athlete is guaranteed to play a minimum of six (6) plays.
- Team Structure – FYFL current structure is a football athlete is placed in an age division based on his or her age by July 31 st of the current year *with the exception of the 6U and 13U age divisions. Currently, an estimated 75-80% of youth football nationally follows an age-only structure. FYFL current structure is a cheer athlete is placed in an age division based on his or her age of the calendar year.
- Volunteers & Coaches – We have over 1,500 volunteers and coaches that are being trained every year to offer the best and safest programs for you and your children.
- Background Checks – FYFL clubs are required to conduct annual Level II background check of Coaches, Volunteers, Board of Directors, members and any other persons, who provide regular service to the league and/or have repetitive access to or contact with, our athletes. The purpose of these background checks is, first and foremost, to protect the children.
- Concussion Prevention & Awareness – In addition to its more stringent return to play concussion rules, FYFL is partnered with Orange Bowl Youth Football Alliance (OBYFA) and USA Head’s Up Football by making it MANDATORY for every football coach to be certified annually with USA Head’s Up Football. FYFL remains proactive on all medical issues that affect youth sports, particularly football and cheerleading, with a primary focus on prevention and proper identification and treatment of concussions, hydration awareness, proper nutrition guidelines, and general health and safety issues.
- Coaching Education Programs –The safety of our athletes is always the top priority and that is why we provide extensive training for all our football and cheer/dance volunteers.
- National Rule Book – Each FYFL program, receive a free National Federation High School Cheer rule books for their club.
- Administrative Manual – Each FYFL club receive free Administrative Manuals, designed to keep each program current on all administrative matters, as well as to facilitate the daily operational management of the club.
- Coaches and Adult Codes of Conduct – All coaches, football and cheer athletes must abide by a Code of Conduct which includes several provisions. If any of these rules are broken, the League shall have the authority to impose a penalty.
- Free Online Roster Program – FYFL offers a free online roster program to all of our clubs to roster their athletes easily and effectively.
- OBYFA Grants Program –FYFL and its national partners & sponsors have awarded thousands of dollars in national grants for clubs including contribution funds, insurance grants, equipment grants and more!
- We surround ourselves with the best – FYFL is proud to have numerous outstanding sponsors, licensees, fundraiser's and partners who offer several amazing opportunities to our programs.
- FREE HELP and DISCOUNTS – FYFL sponsors and partners such as StrongArm Athletics offer free uniform merchandise as part of a grant program for new organizations as well as those in financial need.
- Competitive and Affordable Insurance – OBYFA sponsor insurance coverage as a benifit to FYFL Club.